Policies, processes and internal control
We begin by assessing our client’s internal control by applying a gradual, consistent approach tailored to the company and the industry in which it operates. By understanding the needs of our clients we are able to better identify any existing gaps and recognize risks, whilst at the same time presenting options for improving and optimizing controls.
What we do exactly:
- We identify the existing control environment and analyze the costs, impact on the process and reliability associated with the operation and verification of these controls
- We point to existing controls that reduce and manage key risks, while seeking to use a higher level of system controls and thus eliminating unnecessary or ineffective controls
- We suggest how to design, automate or implement new controls to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- We work with external auditors to ensure that recommendations on any changes in controls are agreed so that financial risk is fully considered and managed
- We design and implement oversight and reporting structures to monitor the effectiveness of control