As of July 2023, the minimum wage will rise to PLN 3,600, which means an increase in employers' labor costs from PLN 3,626.46 to PLN 4,337.28. Between January and July 2023, the minimum wage will be PLN 3,490. At its meeting on 13 September, the government decided to raise the minimum wage twice in 2023. The first increase will take place on 1 January 2023, and the minimum wage will rise from the current PLN 3,010 gross to PLN 3,490 gross (an increase of PLN 480). The hourly rate will grow from PLN 19.70 to PLN 22.80. The second increase will occur on 1 July 2023, when the minimum wage will rise to PLN 3,600 (that is, by another PLN 110). The hourly rate will be PLN 23.50 from July on. The total increase in the minimum wage is PLN 590, counting against 2022. Currently, the minimum wage is PLN 2,363 net. After the first increase, it will be about 2,700 PLN net, and after the second one – about 2,780 PLN net.
More details available in Alert BS&O.
Other topics available in our Alert:
- From September, new limits for working recipients of disability and old age pensions
- We are facing a significant increase in contributions for entrepreneurs in 2023
- The first CIT-8E return must be filed by the end of September
- The Minister of Finance offers tax remitters a longer time to submit statements on WHT
- Important changes in law, interpretations and rulings
We wish you a pleasant read, and should you require more or more detailed information, please don’t hesitate to contact our company and experts.