Another year in a row BDO has confirmed its stature amongst audit firms. In the ranking prepared by the Rzeczpospolitaand Parkiet dailies, BDO was ranked the 5th leading audit firm in the country. We were also ranked the 5th Audit Firm Most Active on the Stock Exchange.
It is no accident that BDO has been in the lead of the Ranking of Audit Firms in Poland for many years. It has worked for its reputation, recognition and deserved high rankings continuously since 1991, when it was formed as one of the very first audit firms on the Polish market.
- We co-created the capital market, conducted the first privatizations, prepared the first issue prospectuses, and take an active part in the creation of accounting and financial reporting standards in the country. Throughout all these years we have acquired that which is the most valuable: knowledge and experience. They are now paying off and bringing the desired results – Andre Helin, BDO’s Managing Partner commented on the firm’s results.
The current situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic will lead to major changes on the audit market. More extensive automation and adaptation of modern digital technology to international accounting and auditing standards will in the immediate future determine the growth of audit firms. BDO, as a strategic partner of Microsoft, takes part in the development of modern work tools - added Andre Helin.
- This distinction constitutes an additional thank you to our entire Audit Team for the work and effort they put into their daily work with our Clients – stressed BDO’s Managing Partner.
Edyta Kalińska, the Managing Partner of the Audit Department’s Western Region, stressed that the award is the success of all of BDO’s audit engagement teams.
- We are present in every region of Poland where our Clients need us. We have offices in Warsaw, Poznań, Wrocław, Kraków and Katowice. The Managing Partners in all of the regions respond to the needs of our Clients and cooperate with them closely so that each audit is as effective as possible for the Client and for us as an audit firm – explains Edyta Kalińska
She also indicates that also today – when practically all of us are working from home – we make every effort to work as smoothly as before, with no interruptions.
- This of course requires more energy and changes in the performance of some tasks, but our priority is for our Clients to continue their operations and for the audit to be performed efficiently – explains Edyta Kalińska.
This approach – adds Andre Helin – makes our clients appreciate our efforts. We are diligent in our audit approach, have established methods and have access to the knowledge and tools from other BDO offices throughout the world; this makes our clients trust us.
- In the company–auditor relationship, trust is fundamental and a key to success – says Andre Helin.
Edyta Kalińska further adds that today’s audit is much different then five or ten years ago. It will surely change even more as a result of the pandemic. What matters today is appropriate sector specialization and the application of modern tools and systems, which streamline the audit process and make it more precise. Remote work with the Client means the need to be more vigilant and cautious in order to notice risks and threats.
- This year’s success in the Ranking is another in a series. It makes us very happy and proud. It is also an opportunity to congratulate and thank all of the employees of BDO’s Audit Department. Ladies and gentlemen, my sincere congratulations and thanks – Andre Helin summed up.