BDO has finalized its acquisition of a majority stake in Instytut IKG, a company related to IKG Technology. As a result, BDO is increasing the range of its services relating to widely defined technologies. The company BDO Technology has been formed in consequence of the transaction.
Instytut IKG (Innowacje Kultura Gospodarka) [Innovations Culture Economy] is a technological consulting firm operating in areas such as: personal data protection (GDPR), information security, cyber security, business continuity and crisis management, widely defined Compliance along with AML, KYC and anti-fraud, MDM (Mobile Device Management) software, mobile device fleet management, GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) software.
- Instytut IKG’s knowledge is a result of many years of experience in the performance of audit and consulting projects for the business and public sectors. We can now add our services to those offered by BDO, and jointly create new products tailored to the needs of the firm’s clients - says Joanna Bańkowska, President of Instytut IKG.
Whereas Andre Helin, President of BDO stresses that BDO wants to grow and offer its clients an increasing range of services, especially when it comes to new technologies.
- In today’s world new technologies are an inseparable part of every business. Each client, even if not ready to do so, must implement new systems. This is imposed by the market or by legal regulations. Our partnership with Instytut IKG and IKG Technology will allow our clients to receive comprehensive advisory services and security when it comes to appropriate system solutions – argues Mr. Helin and adds that this widening of cooperation is consistent with the direction of growth adopted by the BDO network for the coming years.
- For some years now BDO in Poland has systematically increased its services by additional areas. Last year our firm grew by business reorganization advisory, business process streamlining and Lean Manufacturing implementation. The year before we were joined by a law office, thus creating BDO Legal. We will continue to grow in this way – says Andre Helin.
About Instytut IKG and IKG Technology
Both of the companies (Innowacje Kultura Gospodarka) are technological consulting firms operating in the following areas:
- Personal data protection/GDPR.
- Information security.
- Cyber security.
- Business continuity and crisis management.
- widely defined Compliance along with AML, KYC and anti-fraud.
- MDM (Mobile Device Management) software, mobile device fleet management.
GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) software.
Instytut IKG’s knowledge is a result of many years of experience in the performance of audit and consulting projects for the business and public sectors.
Its services include:
- Gap analyses/zero compliance audits.
- Risk analysis.
- Mapping of processes, procedures and security processes.
- Business continuity plans.
- IT and OT strategy.
Design and building of computer networks.
The Company partners with learning institutions such as Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw and several British schools to share experiences and exchange ideas. It is a member of the Polish Chamber of Information Technology - PIIT.
BDO began its operations in Poland in 1991 as one of the first audit and consulting firms on the Polish market. We now have offices in Warsaw, Katowice, Kraków, Poznań and Wrocław, and employ nearly 300 consultants and experts, including more than 20 certified auditors, as well as several tax and legal advisors. BDO’s clients are primarily companies from Rzeczpospolita’s “Top 500 List”, as well as mid-sized Polish and international companies, family firms, listed companies and financial institutions.