BDO spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością sp.k. [limited partnership] is a member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the worldwide network of independent member firms. District Court for the capital city of Warsaw, XIII Business Division, KRS: 0000729684, NIP: 108-000-42-12.
BDO is an international network of independent public accounting, tax and advisory firms (the ‘BDO network’), which perform professional services under the name of BDO (the ‘BDO Firms”). BDO International Limited (BDOI) is a UK company limited. It is the governing entity of the BDO network.
Each of BDO International Limited and the firms is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such entity's acts or omissions. Nothing in the arrangements or rules of the BDO network shall constitute or imply an agency relationship or a partnership between BDO International Limited and the firms.
This privacy statement (‘Privacy Statement’) applies only to the www.bdo.pl web site (the ‘web site’) which is provided by BDO spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością sp.k. (also referred to below as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘BDO’).
Please note that the other country or specific web sites linked through www.bdo.pl are provided by the applicable BDO firms or related entities managing them and are not the responsibility of BDO. Such web sites, as well as other web sites that may be linked to this web site, are not governed by this Privacy Statement. We encourage visitors to review each of these other web sites’ privacy statements before disclosing any personal information to them.
Please be informed that in accordance with Article 7 point 5 of the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (2016 Journal of Laws, item 922 with subsequent amendments) and Article 4 point 11 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC:
- Provision of personal data is voluntary, however failure to provide such data may result in an inability to subscribe to newsletters, take part in contests, receive marketing proposals, participate in surveys.
- Your personal data will be processed for marketing purposes based on Article 6 par. 1 letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 and will be stored until consent is withdrawn.
- You have the right to request access to and rectify your data, and the right to withdraw the above consent at any time by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your personal data performed based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
- The personal data provided by you may only be made available to entities authorized in accordance with the above legal regulations.
- You have the right to access your personal data, the right to have your personal data rectified, erased or to restrict their processing, the right to withdraw your consent and the right to have your data transmitted.
- You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, i.e. President of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
What personal information do you collect when I visit www.bdo.pl?
We do not require registration for access to www.bdo.pl, but if you participate in any of the activities or services offered by BDO spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością sp.k. via www.bdo.pl, we will collect the personal information that we need in order to provide you with those services. Failure to provide the information that we require in order to complete the registration may prevent or delay the provision of any services to you.
The categories of information that we collect from you are:
- Contact details, such as your name, job title, email address, employer's name and phone number
- Information that you give us relating to the services we provide, such as details of your requests, queries or complaints
When you visit this web site, we may collect technical information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, details of the pages you visit on www.bdo.pl, other pages you visit on the world wide web and which browser you used to view www.bdo.pl.
When do you collect personal information through www.bdo.pl?
We collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- When you subscribe to any of our services
- When you subscribe to any of our blogs
- When you register to attend an event (e.g. training, conference, etc.)
- When you enter a discussion forum
- When you contact us to request further information (e.g. about our services, to receive a proposal, etc.)
We collect the minimum amount of information to enable us to deal with your request or to provide a service to you. We will indicate where the provision of information is voluntary or compulsory. We would normally only request additional information to enable us to provide the most appropriate response to your request.
How do you use my personal information?
BDO spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością sp.k. uses your personal information to:
- Identify you and create a profile for you when you register with us to use our services or to request information from us
- Verify your identity when you use our services or contact us
- Communicate with you with respect to the services and information that we provide
- Provide, improve and personalize our services by analyzing information about the manner in which you use our web site, to gain an understanding of how our web site is used in order to make it more intuitive
- Deal with your enquiries and requests
- Comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- Contact you with marketing information in relation to services offered by us (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so)
- Contact you with marketing information in relation to events organized by us – conferences, training (unless you have opted out of receiving such marketing communications)
- Personalize the marketing messages that we send to you to make them more relevant and interesting by analyzing details of the services and information that you are receiving
- Exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect violations of law
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- To meet our legal obligations, for example to enable us to meet the requirements relating to the prevention of fraud and money laundering
- To meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and our web site and to help us to derive knowledge that helps us to develop new services. When we process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us via the details below
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the right to: request access to the personal information that we may process on www.bdo.pl; update or correct your details; restrict our use of your personal information; object to our use of your personal information; receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party; request that your personal details are deleted from our systems.
You may exercise these rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We will treat all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
If you would like to opt out of receiving promotional or marketing communications from us in the future, you may let us know by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and stating the e-mail address you wish to be removed from our mailing list. However, your option not to receive promotional and marketing e-mail shall not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing relationship with us.
Will you provide my information to a third party?
We may contract with other companies or individuals to deal with your enquiry or to otherwise operate this web site or our business activities (e.g. to run marketing campaigns, host our databases, support email and messaging services and analyze information). We may give such companies access to your personal information in connection with those purposes on our behalf. We may also share your personal information with other BDO firms within the BDO network (e.g. for the purposes of customer insights or service optimization), provided that this is consistent with the basis on which we have collected your personal information.
From time to time, we may disclose personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings for third parties.
We may, as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our company (a ‘Reorganization event’) transfer, sell or assign your personal information to third parties involved in the reorganization event.
How long do you keep my information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to: maintain our business records for analysis and/or audit purposes; comply with record retention requirements under the law; defend or bring any legal claims; deal with any complaints
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
You have the right to withdraw your consent given to us at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Is my information secure?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all employees and principals to keep personal information confidential and only authorized personnel have access to this information.
In order to provide services to you via www.bdo.pl, we may need to transfer your personal information outside the EEA to countries that may not provide a level of protection of personal information that may be regarded as equivalent to that afforded under the European data protection legislation. Whenever your personal information is transferred internationally, we will take appropriate steps to ensure its security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection law. For more information as to how we protect your personal information please contact us via the details below.
Updating this Privacy Statement
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You will be able to see when we last updated the Privacy Statement by the revision date it includes. Changes and additions to this Privacy Statement are effective from the date on which they are posted.
If you have any concerns about the way in which we handle your personal information, you can contact the relevant data protection authority, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
Please be informed that the Personal Data Controller is BDO spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością sp.k. with its registered office at ul. Postępu 12, 02-676 Warszawa, tel: +48 22 542 16 00; fax: +48 22 543 1601; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and that you may contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Last modified on 24 May 2018.